Friday, August 31, 2007

To do list

Things to do during the long weekend.
  1. Grocery shopping
  2. Laundry
  3. Finish writing the discussion for manuscript 2/chapter 3 of my dissertation.
  4. Schedule a dissertation defense
  5. Spend some quality time with my family by taking the girls to the park and/or the children's museum
  6. Get the oil changed in the car
  7. Change the air filter
  8. Teach the girls that it is wrong to pee on the floor in their room after their bath. Pee pee should only go in the potty!!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Could you come teach my two that, too?

Julie R said...

Sure, when I get it figured out I'll let you know. But right now it's got me stumped. They are having potty time before they get in the bath. And if they couldn't hold it they'd just pee in the tub, right? But the last few nights, the one who has to wait to have her diaper put on is actually squating and peeing on the floor. I'd just leave one in the tub until the other was diapered, but they've started climbing out by themselves.

So what to I do? Do I start using pull-ups so one can put her own protection on while I help the other. Do I rub their noses in it and smack them with a newspaper like you would a dog? Please don't look at me like that - that's not an option I'm even willing to consider. I'm just not sure Ideas?

Amy said...

I really haven't even begun the potty training thing in earnest. I've bought the potties and the Elmo potty video. I've let them sit on it every night after bath time, but...nothing. Several times, though, they've gotten up from sitting on it after their bath and peed right there on the bathroom floor. Ugh!

I've read many times that when your child is going through the night without a wet diaper, s/he may be ready for potty training. Mine have NEVER made it through the night with a dry diaper. Sometimes they still wet through. I've got my eyes set on December to start really training. They'll be 2.5.

Momma Bean said...

Hope you got everything done that you wanted to. And if you find out how to do the last, let me know. Please!