Thursday, August 2, 2007

Gack

Gack! Bossman is back from Europe and he wants to have a lab meeting. Gack, I say. Lab meetings are, well, not so fun. I’m sure he’ll have lots to say about his trip and the research he did while he was there and the food he ate and the flights he was stuck on; it will all be very interesting. But, gack, I just don’t really have time for this. I have a ton and a half of things to do. The # of hours I have to write per day is already too low. Now I have to give up 2 of them for a lab meeting? Someone needs to bring food. Maybe I’ll go and get some at lunch. Gack. The worst part is that Bossman will want me to give him an update on what I’ve done while he’s been gone And what have I done other than score a bounty hunter’s helmet and bounty hunters rifle on Kingdom of Loathing. I’ve added a bunch of new friends on Facebook. Made contact with a couple of old friends on myspace. Read the last Harry Potter book. Ordered some new shoes. Scored some other new shoes on eBay. Hmmm. Looks like I’ve actually been rather busy. Research wise I’ve accomplished a few things. I’ve more or less finished all the qPCR (I have a couple more replicates that I really feel like I should try to get done if I can manage to catch the lab gremlin sleeping). I’ve been writing. Ok, not all of it is research related, but some of it is. I’ve written a bit here and a bit there on several sections. I’ve also read, taken notes on, and filed a ton of papers. It’s not like I haven’t made any progress; it just hasn’t been enough progress. If I want to be able to start my new job at the children’s museum in November, I need to be writing a brazilian pages a day. And all I have to say is, Gack!

No comments: