Friday, August 17, 2007

Help!

My brain is broken. It used to work just fine. I was able to think in a semi-linear fashion. I could analyze data and think rational thoughts. I was able to concentrate on the task-at-hand for at least a good 60 minutes or so. Now I can't seem to concentrate on anything. I'll stare blankly at my paper for 5 minutes or so and then I'm off surfing the internet and reading other people's blogs again. It feels like the hamster wheel in my head is spinning out of control. I think this inability to think or concentrate on anything began - oh- about the time I got pregnant with my twins. Am I the only one with this problem? Does anyone have the number of a good brain-repair-man?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I frequently have what I call "bad brain days."

It's best to just give up on actual work, and clean your office, or sort emails on those days. At least you *look* productive.

Julie R said...

Unfortunately the problem is chronic. If I cleaned every time I had a bad brain day then my desk and the lab would be spotless, which wouldn't be a bad thing, but then I would never get my dissertation written.